(INstitut Convergence: Emergence of Pathology Through Individuals and PopulatiONs)
The INCEPTION program, supported by the call Institut Convergence des Investissements d’Avenir, is launching a call for the recruitment of PhD students in transversal and interdisciplinary projects aimed at understanding the emergence of pathologies in individuals and populations.
The selection of projects will be based on the following criteria :
• quality and interdisciplinary nature of the project
• scientific excellence of supervisors and host teams
• academic excellence of the student : interest in life sciences and medical applications, solid training in the following fields : mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
The call is open to all research units/teams of Institut Pasteur (G5 included) and to all those listed on the INCEPTION website : https://www.inception-program.fr/en/teams.
- The selected projects should convene to main subjects of the INCEPTION program and should meet the following criteria:
- Interdisciplinary project on the emergence of pathologies, associating biology, medicine, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences …
- The cross-cutting nature and its added value to respond to questions addressed in the project must be clearly demonstrated.
- Co-supervision between two teams belonging to complementary fields of competence
- At least one reserach team must be affiliated with the Institut Pasteur (Paris); The other research team (s) must be affiliated to INCEPTION (see website).
- Registration to the ED FIRE contest, partner of INCEPTION, is recommended but not mandatory. The PhD registration acceptance by one doctoral school will be asked for all the candidates interviewed in June.
Teams newly beneficiaries in 2019 with a PhD grant (D2I call) or a research project grant (P2I call) are not eligible for 2020 calls; A same team cannot benefit in the same year (2020) from a P2I grant and a D2I fellow. In case of doubt, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected candidates and project supervisors will be interviewed by the steering committee of the INCEPTION program.
Results will be released after these interviews (Beginning of July 2020).
DATES OF THE CALL
• Opening date: February, 6th, 2020
• Closing: April, 30, 2020
• Selection (short list) and interviews of selected applicants by Inception Steering Committee: June 2020
• Funding: October 2020 – September 2023