Our laboratory offers state-of the art large histotechnological laboratory with a team of specialized Engineers and histopathologists from medical and veterinary education. Our unit are available for collaborative research. Many projects are currently ongoing on animal models of infectious diseases, cancer, immunotherapy or inflammation with internal or external research teams. Individuals wishing to develop collaborative research efforts are encouraged to contact us when developing research projects. Optimal results are obtained when the staff is contacted as early as possible in the conception of the in vivo part of the project; this allows us to help determine how histological approach can best support the research aim.
Range of services
A variety of pathology services can be provided to research investigators:
- Necropsy & gross examination of animal tissues
- Design of the protocol
- Methodology advice on proper tissue collection
- Choice of morphological approaches (fixation, embedding, slide preparation, slide treatments)
- Evaluation of the slides including description, semi-quantitative scoring and morphometric analysis
- Histopathology report with microphotographs
- Discussion of the results
- Recommendations for further experiments
Our Histology laboratory prepares slides and a wide variety of quality, flexible histopathological and immunohistochemical stains for investigative staff. We also develop new technical tools for animal tissue analysis:We also have access to Safety level 3 facility for frozen sectioning of infected human or animal tissues.
Terms of collaboration/authorship
Our scientific contribution is free-of-charges but collaborators will be asked to share the cost of histological techniques. Engineers and Pathologists who contributed to the project must be listed as co-authors and Technicians in acknowledgement.