Date of birth : November 24, 1994
Nationality : Irish
September 2013 – Present: University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
1st Year Modules – Biology 1A, Biology 1B, Science Fundamentals 1X & 1Y, Psychology 1A & 1B.
2nd Year Modules – Building an Organism, Essential Genetics, Immunology, Infection and Immunity, Molecules of Life, Psychology 2A & 2B.
3rd Year Modules – Immunology 3A & 3B
September 2006 – June 2013: Methodist College Belfast, 1 Malone Road, Belfast BT9 6BY
GCSEs – English literature, English Language, Core Science, Additional Science, R.E., Maths, Geography, ICT, History, French.
AS/A Level – Biology, Psychology, and Geography.
Professional experiences :
September 2016 – August 2017 – M.Sci work placement, Institut Pasteur (in lab of Dr Molly Ingersoll), Paris
- Undertaking a project investigating the role of macrophages in UTIs and bladder cancer, utilizing multiple murine models.
- Seek to gain a greater degree of technical proficiency in commonly used biological and immunological techniques, as well as a more detailed understanding of mucosal immunology, both in general and as it pertains to the bladder.
June – July 2016 – Summer placement, Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation (in lab of Prof. Paul Garside), Glasgow
- Completed a project investigating the behavior and phenotype of T-cells in a murine model of Rheumatoid Arthritis;
- Gained experience in a variety of immunological and biological techniques including immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, use of FlowJo software, microscopy, dissection, cell culture, genotyping, PCR, gel electrophoresis.
September 2014 – June 2016 – Queen Margaret Union, Glasgow
- The role involves working in a busy environment during a wide range of events, such as St Patrick’s Day and regular club nights, where I work confidently both as part of a team and alone, delivering polite and efficient service to customers and maintaining a clean workspace and bar in what can be a high stress environment;
- Other roles include handling of stock and cash, changing kegs/optics, making cocktails, prepping for opening and various cleaning duties;
- This position has facilitated further development of interpersonal skills, as well as skills pertaining to the maintenance of an ordered work environment, both of which would be highly valuable assets in any future place of work.
March 2013 – Aug, Dec, 13, Jan 14 – Food and Beverage Assistant at Malone Lodge Hotel/Knife and Fork Grill
- Waiting and bartending roles;
- Working successfully as part of a team to serve food and wine to customers at a variety of functions of up to 220 people;
- This role coincided with my final year of study in school where I undertook 3 A level subjects. Working weekday and weekend shifts I was able to hone my time management skills so I was able to perform to the best of my abilities both in school and at work.
Additional skills and qualifications :
- I am well acquainted with and confident in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as various social media platforms.
- I have completed first aid courses with the British Red Cross, and with Heart Start (British Heart Foundation).