The Center of Biological Resources of the Institut Pasteur (CRBIP) (https://www.pasteur.fr/en/about-crbip ) is looking for a project manager to contribute to the development of a business plan for the sustainability of operations of the European MIcrobial Resource Research Infrastructure – MIRRI.
Context and objectives. MIRRI (https://www.mirri.org/) is a European Research infrastructure which mission is to provide to the scientific community (in the academia and the industry) with: a) access to a wide variety of high-quality biological resources and associated data, b) long-term sustainability of microbial biodiversity and c) knowledge and professional development. The IS-MIRRI21 project (https://ismirri21.mirri.org/) was funded to assure MIRRI’s sustainable long-term operation. This initiative has integrated in its work plan, activities to ensure the long-term financial viability including the establishment of a business model.
The proposed job offer aims to contribute to the development of a business plan and to generate a 5-year financial plan for helping conceive the ideal model for MIRRI’s sustainable operation as a non-profit-entity.
– In close collaboration with the executive director, the financial officer, the access officer and others MIRRI’s partners, contribute to the development of a five-years financial plan.
– Follow-up the activities developed by other work packages and support the actions where the Institut Pasteur plays an active role;
– Support the development of activities of the IS_MIRRI21 network and enhance its visibility and impact.
– Generate reports for the Work Package of financial sustainability;
– Take an active role in CRBIP development activities
Young professional. Master or equivalent experience. Doctorate degree would be a plus.
– Minimum one year of experience in related projects.
– Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (minimum C1 level). Knowledge of Spanish and French would be a plus.
– Knowledge and/or experience of European scientific programmes, microbiology and/or Research Infrastructures will be a plus.
– Excellent presentation skills and production of written and oral reports.
– Informatics skills, especially MS office. Able to work in different operating systems (Apple and Windows);
– Good data analysis skills.
– Excellent communication skills and teamwork capacity in an international and multicultural environment.
– Capacity of fulfilling specific objectives and to work under tight deadlines;
– Forthcoming and open minded. Comfortable to work into a multidisciplinary team;
– Excellent organisational skills including individual and team work.
– Comfortable working in a multicultural environment, with a high level of transparency, work ethics and in close interaction with his/her colleagues.
Environment. The job will be hosted within the CRBIP, on the Institut Pasteur campus in Paris, France. The project manager will work under the supervision of the CRBIP managers.
Salary and contract. The monthly salary will correspond to the standards in France and will depend on the candidate’ experience. This is a fixed term contract for 24 months. The position is available from April 2021 or sooner, depending of the candidate’s availability.
Application. Please send your application as a single pdf file to Liliana Avila-Ospina (Liliana.email@example.com) with a detailed CV, a cover letter and references.
Deadline. March 8th, 2021.