The Center of Biological Resources of the Institut Pasteur (CRBIP), a member of the European research infrastructure “Microbial Resource Research Infrastructure” (MIRRI), is looking for an Access Officer to contribute to the development of MIRRI in the frame of the H2020 project “Implementation and Sustainability of Microbial Resource Research Infrastructure for the 21st Century” (IS_MIRRI21, ismirri21.mirri.org).
Context and objectives
MIRRI (mirri.org) is a European Biological Research Infrastructure under construction whose mission is to serve bioscience and bioindustry by providing access to a wide range of high-quality biological resources and associated data, enabling the conservation of microbial biodiversity over the long term; and by enhancing knowledge and professional development in the field of biobanking.
The IS_MIRRI21 project was funded to develop MIRRI’s sustainable long-term operation and obtain ERIC (European Research Infrastructure Consortium) status. This initiative has integrated in its work plan, activities that aim to facilitate access to research services by users from academic and industrial environments through the Transnational Access (TNA) programme.
– Coordinate the TNA programme of the IS_MIRRI21 project and provide practical assistance to the IS_MIRRI21 access providers and users; including management of project applications via the online platform, evaluation of proposals, coordination of partner activities in response to the provision of access.
– In coordination with the Spanish node of MIRRI and in close collaboration with the service providers at the national level, provide a web interface to interact with users throughout the service provision.
– Monitor the integration and updating of MIRRI services on the MIRRI Collaborative Working Platform (CWE).
– Optimize the administrative procedures of the TNA.
– In coordination with the consortium partners, revise and update the TNA offers for the second call in 2022.
– Provide the necessary information for the implementation of access at each IS_MIRRI21 partner (called access providers) and the promotional material for the dissemination of the TNA programme and attract users to the two TNA calls in 2022.
– Provide content for the TNA website on ismirri21.mirri.org and manage the application portal on ARIA.
– Generate reports for the Access Work Package.
– Contribute to the promotion of IS_MIRRI21 activities on social networks.
– Contribute to other relevant developments of IS_MIRRI21, MIRRI and CRBIP, including possibly, acting as MIRRI access officer.
– Minimum qualifications: Master or equivalent experience. PhD would be an asset.
– Minimum experience of 1 to 2 years in project management and/or service delivery.
– Experience with European scientific programmes, biobanking, microbiology and/or research infrastructures would be an asset.
– Excellent command of written and spoken English.
– Fluency in written and spoken French and Spanish would be a plus.
– Excellent presentation and reporting skills, both written and oral.
– Excellent computer skills, including MS Office software and ability to work on multiple platforms (Apple and Windows operating systems).
– Data analysis skills for analytical reports.
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills, in an international context.
– Able to achieve specific objectives within specific timeframes.
– Comfortable with colleagues from different disciplines and a multicultural environment.
– A strong work ethic.
The job will be hosted within the CRBIP, located on the Institut Pasteur campus in Paris, France. The project manager will work under the supervision of the CRBIP managers and colleagues involved in IS-MIRRI-21.
Salary and contract
The monthly salary will correspond to the standards in France and will depend on the candidate’s experience. This is a fixed term contract for at least 18 months. The position is available from September 2021, depending on the candidate’s availability.
Please send your application as a single pdf file to Mariana Ferrari (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a detailed CV, a cover letter and references.
Deadline for applications:
July 31st, 2021.