Paris July 2023
A 3-year PhD position supported by the ANR program is available.
The PhD will be:
– supervised by Dr Ignacio GARCIA-VERDUGO, INSERM1152, Université de Paris, 75018 Paris.
The host laboratory investigates host-pathogen interactions and develops new therapies to enhance mucosal immunity in the context of lung infections (https://u1152.inserm.fr/)
– co-supervised by Dr Pierre GUERMONPREZ, Head of “Dendritic cells and adaptive immunity” Unit at Pasteur Institute, Immunology department, CNRS3738, 75015, Paris. (https://research.pasteur.fr/fr/team/dendritic-cells-and-adaptive-immunity/).
The co-host laboratory i) investigates the role of dendritic cells in adaptive immunity against cancer and infections and ii) develops dendritic cell-targeted vaccines and immunotherapies.
The goal of this project is to develop and evaluate new intranasal vaccines strategies. Specifically, this project aims to develop protein vectors for intranasal delivery of vaccine antigens. The project integrates protein engineering and mucosal immunology. Specifically, the project aims: 1) To construct specific vaccine protein vectors and to evaluate the interaction of the constructs with the respiratory-associated immune system in vitro. 2) To evaluate in vivo the immunogenicity and efficiency of intranasal vaccine formulations in a murine model of influenza virus infection.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals willing to work in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative academic environment.
Candidates must have a Master-2 degree or equivalent level to apply (French Bac+5).
In addition, the candidate is expected to have a scientific background in at least one of the following fields: immunology, epithelial cell biology, protein engineering/chemistry. Any additional specific technological/scientific expertise will be valued as an asset.
The candidate is expected to:
1. Perform experiments and reproduce experimental protocols using in vitro and in vivo (animal experimentation) approaches.
2. Analyse experimental data and keep organized data archives.
3. Interact and collaborate productively with other lab members and research teams.
4. Present data in lab meetings and communicate research outputs in international scientific meetings.
5. Prepare figures and participate to the redaction of scientific publications.
Contact & applications. For applications, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com one CV (including recent academic grades), a motivation letter and the email contact for 2 references.