Milieu Interieur (MI) is a LabEx funded population-based cohort study with the goal of defining the boundaries of a healthy immune response, and identifying genetic and environmental determinants of immune variability. To achieve this a 1,000 healthy donor cohort study was performed from which a database and biocollection of samples including DNA, RNA, plasma and cells has been established. Additional clinical studies are planned in the coming years to extend and further test our initial observations on immune variability. The MI team is based in the CBUtechS platform of the Institut Pasteur. It is a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers, bioinformaticians, and a project manager which works closely with the research units of the MI consortium that includes immunologists, microbiologists and geneticists.
The Milieu Interieur project has an open position for a research engineer (3 year CDD-OD) to support sample management, data generation and analysis from the Milieu Interieur cohort and auxiliary studies.
- Manage the existing sample biocollection for new data generation studies
- Implement sample processing for new clinical studies
- Support RNA-Seq studies including high throughput RNA extraction, QC, and sample tracking
- Support plasma profiling studies on MI samples including high throughput sample aliquoting and tracking (Mass Spec, serological analysis)
- Perform data generation from clinical studies (eg Luminex/Nanostring assays)
- Perform primary data analysis on specific data sets
- Work with the MI team at the CBUtech platform to ensure the necessary quality controls and traceability for all samples and data associated with MI cohorts.
- Research Engineer with PhD in biological sciences or equivalent experience
- Experience working with human or clinical samples
- Experience with molecular technologies (RNA and/or protein)
- Well organized with attention to detail
- French/English working language
Send cv, motivation letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org