Context and objectives
In order to meet the needs of researchers in life sciences and biotechnologies, the Institut Pasteur created the Biological Resources Center of the Institut Pasteur (CRBIP) as a structure for depositing, preserving and distributing biological materials (microorganisms and human samples) and associated data. The CRBIP is a transversal functional structure which brings together around 45 people working in the four biobanks of the Institut Pasteur, in Paris: the CIP (Collection of the Institut Pasteur, historical structure, with 25,000 microbial strains, mainly bacterial), the PCC (Pasteur Cultures of Cyanobacteria), the CNCM (National Collection of Cultures of Microorganisms) and ICAReB (biobank of human biological resources). CRBIP’s activities include Research, Operations, Consulting & Expertise, and Communication. The Quality management system is an important component of operations.
CRBIP’s strategy was recently defined by the management of Institut Pasteur. It includes an organizational restructuring which is underway, as well as a multi-year plan for the development of operations, partnerships and research, communication and the promotion of resources and associated expertise (services, training). The development strategy will comprise: new inclusions of resources, creation of new collections (viruses, fungi), new promotion strategies, marketing watch, …
The Director of CRBIP will have the following missions:
– implement the strategy defined for the CRBIP by its strategic committee and the management of Institut Pasteur, taking responsibility for the scientific and operational activities of the CRBIP and coordinating these activities; annually propose a business development plan to the strategic committee; and take responsibility for the implementation of the defined strategy by proposing to the committee, if necessary, options for development.
– Management of the heads of the operational entities of the CRBIP (CIP, CNCM, PCC) and of a CRBIP coordination team, which will report directly to him/her: thematic managers (Quality unit, valorization unit, development of partnerships and research) and staff on contracts.
– Coordinate the activities of the Scientific Advisory Board, which supports the CRBIP in its research activities and ensure the coordination of the research carried out at the CRBIP
– Coordinate external relations and partnerships (European MIRRI infrastructure, biobanking scientific societies, Scientific Departments, Pasteur Network, other French BRCs)
– Coordinate the information systems of the CRBIP; the implementation of the quality management system; communication activities of CRBIP; and training and provision of expertise (MOOCs, consulting, etc.).
Profile of international reputation in the field of biobanking and / or research in microbiology, with the ambition to lead CRBIP to the international foreground in the field of biobanking. Experience in setting up ambitious collaborative projects and in implementing development strategies. Strong managerial and collaborative skills. Ability to set up academic and industrial partnerships and to obtain research or development grants. Pragmatic approach to Quality Management Systems.
The position is located in Paris on the Institut Pasteur campus.
The post will report hierarchically to the Director of Technology. The position is open and available as soon as possible.
Please send your application in a single pdf file to Sylvain Brisse (email@example.com) with a detailed CV, a cover letter and some references.
December 15th, 2021