This COVID webinar is organized by the Education Department following the COVID session of the MOOC “Emerging and re-emerging viruses”.
- Arnaud Fontanet, epidemiologist, member of the French Covid-19 Scientific Council, Institut Pasteur
- Olivier Schwartz, virologist, head of lab and former Scientific Director, Institut Pasteur
- Chris Gerke, vaccine development expert, Institut Pasteur
- Felix Rey, virologist, head of lab, Institut Pasteur
- Guilherme Dias de Mellos, veterinarian and post-doc, Institut Pasteur
Promoted and moderated by :
- Christophe D’Enfert, Scientific Director, Institut Pasteur
The COVID webinar will address questions raised by the MOOC participants and give you the latest piece of information from our experts : How new viral mutations arise? What do we really know about the SARS-Cov2 Delta variant? How is calculated the R0 number used to determine how many people should be vaccinated ? What is the result of the large vaccination campaign in terms of efficacy, side effects ?
New questions will be addressed by the webinar participants.
Anyone can attend the webinar even if you did not follow the MOOC session.
MOOC registration (optional)
You can also, register to the MOOC, watch the whole COVID chapter and ask your question in advance in the forum.
- COVID 19 – Virology – Olivier Schwartz
- COVID 19 – Epidemiology – Arnaud Fontanet
- COVID 19 – Vaccinology – Christiane Gerke
- COVID 19 – Structure and Monoantibodies Therapy – Felix Rey
- COVID 19 – Impact on the Central Nervous System – Guilherme Dias de Melo
These sessions were recorded on April 14, 2021. Each session lasts around 10 minutes.