Dr. ZAHAR works in the clinical microbiology departement at Avicenne Hospital, APHP
Research Themes :
- ESBL (extended spectrum beta-lactamases)
- infection, health acquired infection in Intensive Care Unit
- MD, Internal medicine, from Bichat University Paris.
- PhD from the Grenoble University
Member of :
- Pilmis B, Parize P, Zahar JR, Lortholary O. Alternatives to carbapenems for infections caused by ESBLproducing, Enterobacteriaceae. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2014 Apr 2.
- Zahar JR, Garrouste-Orgeas M, Vesin A, Schwebel C, Bonadona A, Philippart F, Ara-Somohano C, Misset B, Timsit JF. Impact of contact isolation for multidrug-resistant organisms on the occurrence of medical errors and adverse events. Intensive Care Med. 2013 Dec;39(12):2153-60.
- Goulenok T, Ferroni A, Bille E, Lécuyer H, Join-Lambert O, Descamps P, Nassif X, Zahar JR. Risk factors for developing ESBL E. coli: can clinicians predict infection in patients with prior colonization; J Hosp Infect. 2013 Aug;84(4):294-9.