Dr. Sobhani Iradj is the director of Liver and Gastro-intestinal department in Henri Mondor Hospital Creteil-APHP. He is also Director of Research team (EA7375) in University Paris Est Creteil (UPEC) on Eraly detection of microbial and molecular markers in colonic cancer (EC2M3). He is the laureate of a mixed unit with Philippe Sansonetti. He published a lot primary and review articles in the field of Cancer Immune Regulation, Cancer and microorgansims.
Cancer Immune Regulation: In the field of gastrointestinal tract and hormone effects, I reported the first study on the production of leptine in the stomach in human, and showed its physiological modification in response to the nerves stimulation. In the field of colorectal cancer, my team has shown leptin and leptin receptor balance may modify tumour behavior particularly through FoxP3 cells.
Cancer and microorgansims & microbiota : A major turning point for me was the discovery that many tumours are related to microorgansims. Three models have been studied: gastric cancer, anal cancer and colorecal cancer related to H. pylori, Human papilloma Virus and Microbiota, respectively. My study published in Gastroenterology (2001) was the first showing cumulative risk of anal cancer due to multiple viral infections in HIV patients with particular role of antigen presenting cell alteration. Studies on H. pylori and gastric lymphoma have been based on methods for H. pylori detection I validated from 1988 up to 2000 (culture, PCR etc…) and physiology alteration due to H. pylori. Microbiota characterization of patients’ tumours presenting with colon or rectal cancer of any stage.
Cancer surveillance in patients at average and high risk. The cost of tumour surveillance became one of the main topics in gastrointestinal cancer patients and I undertook several studies.
- MD, University Rene Descartes Paris FR (1984) : General Medicine
- GI, University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris FR (1988) : Liver and GI
- GI Oncology, University Rene Descartes Paris FR (2000) : Clinical Oncology
- Ph.D., University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris FR (1993) : GI Hormonology
- MB1,Management school of APHP, Paris FR (2008) :Health management
- Director, of Translational research team at Université Paris Est Créteil UPEC Paris FR
- Member, Graduate program board for Liver and GI qualification
- Member of French national societies of Gastroenterology, GI Oncology, Endoscopy, Coloproctology
- Member of European GastroClub,
- President of the scientific council of colon cancer mass screening in Val de Marne area «dépistage du cancer recto-colique dans le département du Val de Marne»