The Center for translational science is one of the 4 transversal centers that was inaugurated in September 2014. The CRT aims to facilitate links between researchers of the Institut Pasteur International Network and clinicians in order to develop more projects related to human health. The center was initially directed by Matthew Albert. In 2015, a team comprised by Stanislas Pol and Odile Gelpi were named as co-Directors and later joined by James di Santo. It is now directed by James di Santo and Isabelle Cailleau.
- Support fundamental and clinical research that will accelerate the translation of scientific breakthroughs into improved human health
- Provide access and training on state-of-the-art technical cores
- Support clinical trial development in a regulatory environment secure for both researchers and Institution in accordance with institutional agreements (WHO and ethics charter)
- Inspire and coordinate new translational research projects through expert project management and coordinated activities with academic hospitals and industrial partners
The center consists of :
- Clinical coordination services (activities supported by the former Pole integré de recherche Clinique, PIRC)
- Biobanking activity and healthy volunteer cohort access (coordinated by ICAReB)
- Technical cores for translational science
The Center attracts clinicians at Institut Pasteur and facilitates partnerships with hospitals or with the Medical Center of the Institut Pasteur. The center also developps clinical research in the Institut Pasteur International Network through the INCREASE initiative. It improves access to patient and healthy volunteers samples for scientific community. It supports scientists for translational research fundraising actions and provides greater exposure of Institutional translational research activities. The center helps to overcome burdensome regulatory procedures associated with translational and clinical research, through the development of the open desk. Over the next years, the Center aims to develop an academic interdisciplinary program in Translational research.
The Center coordinates research transversal group on ageing and longevity.