The Center for translational science is one of the transversal centers that was inaugurated in September 2014. It is part of the medical research department together with the Medical Center and the National reference Centers. The CRT aims to facilitate links between researchers of the Institut Pasteur International Network and clinicians in order to develop more projects related to human health. The center was initially directed by Matthew Albert. In 2015, a team comprised by Stanislas Pol, Odile Gelpi and James di Santo were named as co-Directors. It is now directed by Isabelle Cailleau.
- Support fundamental and clinical research that will accelerate the translation of scientific breakthroughs into improved human health
- Provide access and training on state-of-the-art technical cores
- Support clinical trial development in a regulatory environment secure for both researchers and Institution in accordance with institutional agreements (WHO and ethics charter)
- Inspire and coordinate new translational research projects through expert project management and coordinated activities with academic hospitals and industrial partners
The center consists of :
- Clinical core services (activities supported by the former Pole integré de recherche Clinique, PIRC)
- Biobanking activity and healthy volunteer cohort access (coordinated by ICAReB)
- Technical core for translational science supported by the Cytometry and Biomarker UTechS
The center improves access to patient and healthy volunteers samples for scientific community and helps to overcome burdensome regulatory procedures associated with translational and clinical research through the development of the “guichet unique“. The Center attracts clinicians at Institut Pasteur and facilitates partnerships with hospitals or with the Medical Center of the Institut Pasteur. The CRT organizes a series of scientific events in order to facilitate interactions between clinicians and researchers and to increase awareness of medical research at Institut Pasteur (Journée de la recherche translationnelle, Quart d’heure Pasteur – Médecine, Quart d’heure Pasteur – Sciences). The CRT also supports clinical research in the Institut Pasteur International Network (Pasteur Network). The CRT developp stronger links with patient’s associations. It supports scientists for translational research fundraising actions and provides greater exposure of Institutional translational research activities. Over the next years, the Center aims to develop an academic interdisciplinary program in Translational research.