(INstitut Convergence : Emergence of Pathology Through Individuals and PopulatiONs)
The INCEPTION program, supported by the call Institut Convergence des Investissements d’Avenir, is launching a call for collaborative, transversal and interdisciplinary projects aimed at understanding the emergence of pathologies through individuals and populations.
250k € maximum for 2 years (human resources/running/equipment).
“Proof of Concept” project : 75k€ maximum for 1 year (human resources/running costs)
The call “Proof of Concept” concerns ambitious and risky projects for which there are only limited preliminary results. The ambition of the project will have to be clearly demonstrated, notably relative to the literature. Depending on the results obtained, the beneficiaries will be able to claim a supplementary budget of up to 250k€ (i.e. an additional budget of 175k€), given a balance sheet and a report about the results and an update on the planned project.
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
The call is open to all research units/teams of Institut Pasteur (G5 included) and to all those listed on the INCEPTION website : https://www.inception-program.fr/en/teams. The project must meet the following criteria:
- Interdisciplinary project on the emergence of pathologies, combining two or more fields from biology, medicine, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences …
- The cross-cutting nature must be clearly demonstrated, as well as its added value to answer the questions addressed in the project
- Collaboration between two or more research teams in complementary areas of expertise. One of the research teams leading the project must be affiliated with the Institut Pasteur (Paris); The other research team(s) must be affiliated to Institut Pasteur or another partner of INCEPTION.
- Projects may also include the participation of additional teams not affiliated to an INCEPTION partner. However, the budget allocated by INCEPTION will not cover the expenses of these teams.
Teams newly beneficiaries in 2019 with a PhD grant (D2I call) or a research project grant (P2I call) are not eligible for 2020 calls; A same team cannot benefit in the same year (2020) from a P2I grant and a D2I fellow. In case of doubt, please contact email@example.com.
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE – TWO STEPS
- Applicants must send a letter of intent including the title of the project, the teams involved and the principal investigators, a public summary of 200 words, the proposed budget and its justification in the outline (First page of the full template : Arial font 11, single pdf document)
- Applications selected in step 1 will be invited to send a full project (maximum of 7 pages, including references, Arial font 11, single pdf document)
Applications (step 1 & 2) should be sent to Inception-P2Icalls@pasteur.fr. They will be evaluated by the INCEPTION steering committee with the help of international experts, for an implementation on January, 1st 2020.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call opens February, 6th, 2020
- Call closes April, 20, 2020
- Call opens May, 1, 2020
- Call closes June 2nd, 2020
- Selection by the Inception Steering Committee: October 2020
- Funding starts: January 1, 2021