(INstitut Convergence : Emergence of Pathology Through Individuals and PopulatiONs)
The INCEPTION program, supported by the call Institut Convergence des Investissements d’Avenir, is launching a call for the recruitment of PhD students in transversal and interdisciplinary projects aimed at understanding the emergence of pathologies through individuals and populations.
The selection of projects will be based on the following criteria :
• quality and interdisciplinary nature of the project
• scientific excellence of supervisors and host teams
• academic excellence of the student : good basic knowledge in biology, interest in life sciences and medical applications, solid training in the following fields : mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences.
Application and eligibility
The selected projects should convene to main subjects of the INCEPTION program and should meet the following criteria:
• Interdisciplinary project on the emergence of pathologies, associating biology, medicine, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences …
• the cross-cutting nature and its added value to respond to questions addressed in the project must be clearly demonstrated.
• co-supervision between two teams belonging to complementary fields of competence
• at least one project team must be affiliated with the Institut Pasteur (Paris); The other team (s) must be affiliated with one INCEPTION partner (including Institut Pasteur, see website).
The call is open to all Institut Pasteur units/teams and partner institutes (Institut Pasteur, INRA, PSL, APHP, CNG, INSERM, CNRS, Laboratoire SPHERE).
To see partners of INCEPTION: https://www.inception-program.fr/en/teams
The candidate for the allocation must send a single pdf document by April 01, 2019 to Inception-D2Icalls@pasteur.fr including:
- the summary of the file (1 page);
- detailed project (max 4 pages);
- the student CV (1 page), a letter of motivation (1 page), notes and rankings of M1 and M2;
- the CVs of the supervisors and presentations of their laboratories (1 page each);
- precise the doctoral school in which the candidate will be inscribed for his/her thesis.
Selected candidates and researchers will be interviewed by the steering committee of the INCEPTION program.
Results will be released after these interviews (Beginning of July 2019).
• Opening date: February, 2019
• Closing: April 01, 2019
• Selection (short list) and auditions of selected projects by Inception Steering Committee: June 2019
• Funding start: October 2019