DIM ELICIT “Empowering LIfe sCiences with Innovative Technologies” co-leaded by the Institut Pierre Gilles de Gennes for microfluidics (IPGG, Patrick Tabeling) and the Institut Pasteur (Jean-Christophe Olivo-Marin and Elodie Brient-Litzler) have been labeled by the Conseil Regional d’Ile-de-France on the 15th of December, 2016.
In order to be one of the most innovative ecosystem in the field of Technologies for Life Sciences, the DIM ELICIT wishes to bring together research teams from all Ile-de-France in one and only network.
The DIM ELICIT has the pleasure to announce the opening of the second call of 2018 that will focus on funding equipment. The DIM ELICIT will fund on this call two types of scientific projects:
- « P + B » Technologies and innovative methods Co-development. This type of project will imply one team with an expertise in Physical Technologies and one with an expertise in Biology who will work together at setting an innovative/disruptive technology which will benefit Life Science community.
- « P + nB » New technology spreading/New applications. This type of project will imply one team with an expertise in Physical Technologies who will set up or purchase an innovative instrument for several teams with an expertise in Biology. The “P + nB” projects have been designed to support the establishment of competitive technologic platforms and to introduce relevant prototypes in biological research environments.
The Call 2018 aim at supporting interdisciplinary collaborative research projects:
- first applications of new technologies or innovative instruments for Biology;
- implementation of disruptive technologies in Biology, the disruptive criteria being assessed regarding the impact and the transformative nature;
- integration in the SME and industrial value-added chain, in particular in Ile-de-France, in the area of Technologies for Life Sciences (including start-ups creation).
Core technologies are :
- Biophotonics and waves
- Image analysis and Big Data
End-user applications are:
- Single Cell / Single Molecule
- Technologies for in vivoBiology
- High Tech – Low cost technologies: dissemination in underprivileged environment.
- The call is open for applications from the 19th of July to the 24th of September, 2018.
- Projects selection will be set up by the DIM ELICIT steering committee and rely on external evaluations in October.
- Results will be announced in November.
In the context of this call, laboratories from Region Ile de France can request from the DIM ELICIT the funding of equipments at a maximum rate of 66 % and at a maximum amount of 300 K€.
Applications have to be sent to email@example.com
We will acknowledge the receipt of all the applications within a week.
Projects need to be written in English.
A researcher can apply for only one project on this call.
A start-up/company can be associated to the project but will not have access to funds.
Projects that have been submitted to the first call of 2018 are not be eligible for this call but the applicants can apply with a different project.
The equipment purchase will have to begin before the 31st of July, 2019.
Funds from the DIM ELICIT cannot be added to any other funds coming from the Region Ile de France.
Please find the application form on the following link :