Junior Research Group (Institut Pasteur – Danone Research)
Call for candidates to head a junior research group on microbiome and western life style at Institut Pasteur in Paris, France
The Institut Pasteur and Danone Nutricia Research have launched an international call for a junior* research group studying the gut host and microbiome homeostasis on the Institut Pasteur campus in Paris. The position is open for an outstanding candidate who wishes to develop a cutting-edge research program on the short and long term effects of western stressors on gut microbial ecology, genetics and immunity throughout the lifespan. Another aim of this group will be to identify dietary solutions that improve gut microbiome resilience and attenuate the impact of western stressors
The Institut Pasteur is a non-profit private foundation dedicated to fundamental, interdisciplinary research and to the translation of the knowledge to medicine and public health. Topics of interest include microbiology (bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi) and infectious diseases, immunology, cell biology, developmental biology and stem cells, neuroscience, genomics, structural biology, genetics and cancer.
Danone is an international company present in 5 continents with one unique mission: “bringing health through food to as many people as possible”. Danone Nutricia Research, the research entity of the group, has been collaborating for decades with key outstanding academic partners to develop breakthrough scientific concepts that support the development of nutritional products to maintain human health.
The applicant will benefit from an attractive package, including institutional salaries (Principal investigator, technician, post-doctoral fellows), a substantial contribution to running costs and equipment, access to on campus state-of-the-art technology core facilities, as well as support for relocation expenses and administrative issues.
Candidates should send their formal applications by E-mail to the following address: IPDanone@pasteur.fr
The application shall comprise the following (in order) in a SINGLE pdf file:
- A brief introductory letter.
- A project summary (one page).
- A Curriculum Vitae (including list of past and current funding) and a full publication list, highlighting the 5 major publications.
- A description of past and present research activities (up to 5 pages, Arial font size 11 with 1.5 spacing).
- The proposed research project (up to 6 pages, Arial font size 11 with 1.5 spacing) and how it would fit in the defined topic.
The deadline for applications is December 2, 2016 5:00 pm CET.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by mid-January 2017, and will be invited for interview to take place mid-February 2017. The final ranking will be established by the Pasteur Scientific Council during its March 2017 session.
* Institut Pasteur is an equal opportunity employer. Junior group leaders should be less than 8 years after PhD at the time of submission. Women are eligible up to 11 years after their PhD if they have one child and up to 14 years after their PhD if they have two or more children.