DIM ELICIT “Empowering LIfe sCiences with Innovative Technologies” co-leaded by the Institut Pierre Gilles de Gennes for microfluidics (IPGG, Patrick Tabeling) and the Center for Innovation and Technological Research of Institut Pasteur (Jean-Christophe Olivo-Marin and Elodie Brient-Litzler) have been labeled by the Conseil Regional d’Ile-de-France on the 15th of December, 2016. More informations
Details, application form and deposit platform can be found on https://aapelicit2018.sciencesconf.org
The Call 2018 aim at supporting interdisciplinary collaborative research projects:
- first applications of new technologies or innovative instruments for Biology;
- implementation of disruptive technologies in Biology, the disruptive criteria being assessed regarding the impact and the transformative nature;
- integration in the SME and industrial value-added chain, in particular in Ile-de-France, in the area of Technologies for Life Sciences (including start-ups creation).
- Biophotonics and waves
- Image analysis and Big Data
- Single Cell / Single Molecule
- Technologies for in vivo Biology
- High Tech – Low cost technologies: dissemination in underprivileged environment.
The aim of the call is to allow large-scale achievements in Life Sciences research and to enable the emergence of innovations able to address at mid-term the market of instruments and technologies for Life Sciences.
Applications will have to implied collaborations between:
- A group of research working on the creation of instruments (detection, characterization, observation, methodologies, etc…)
- One or several group(s) of research working on applied Biology
The Call 2018 have been designed to include 2 types of project:
- Type 1: ” 1+1 ” – Co-development project for new methods and/or innovative technologies. if the development of the method and/or technology need multidisciplinary, additional partners could be added.
- Type 2 : ” 1+N ” – Dissemination project of noncommercial methods and/or instruments aiming at developing new applications. The project will consist in the implementation of an innovative technology in an available context to several groups of research working on applied Biology. The project will have to be carried by the group of research working on the creation of instruments which will lead this action of dissemination.
A same person can only carry one project of each type within the framework of this call.
Start-ups and companies can be associated to the project but they will not be fund.
The DIM ELICIT will fund for each project:
- Doctoral allocation
- OR Post-doctoral allocation
- OR Engineer wage
- AND/OR Equipment purchasing (66% max)